Effective governance in our Trust is supported by the following:
- 5 Trust Members
- 7 Board Trustees
- Trust sub-committees members from the Local Committee Hub
- Local Committees in each school
- Forums and external advisors.
The Members are the Guardians of the constitution and monitors of the vision and values of the organisation. The role is to appoint Directors and to insure the moral purpose of the organisation.
Our Members: – C Lloyd, M Jones, S Charman, A Webber, P Chandler
The Trust Board has overall responsibility and ultimate decision-making authority for all the work of the Academy Trust, including the establishment and maintenance of the Academies.
Our Trustees: – P Chandler, N Kimber, D Stacey, P Farrow, A Youd
Trust Committees support the work of the Trust through the monitoring and receipt of reports and information.
They have three key functions:
- Provide representatives from partner schools Local Committee to give: -regional overview, scrutiny and challenge of academy education and financial performance; -to include pay/conditions, audit, standards.
- Support forums for academy leaders and governors to shape and influence Academy Trust thinking to achieve the vision and its mission.
- Ensure an effective flow of communication between the Local committees, Hub Boards, Local Committees and the Trust Board.
- Support the work of forums and leaders.
NEST Chief Executive Officer (CEO), P. Farrow, is responsible for the development of Trust wide strategies and action plans for the improvement of educational standards and governance across the Trust; to be the ‘holder of the flame’ of the visions and values of Nexus and to ensure the communication of these externally, as well as to Trust staff, to secure educational success through effective strategic planning and execution.
Through inspirational leadership and rigorous policy development the CEO will create a culture of constant improvement, implementing effective systems of organisation and control and high levels of professional standards to secure the highest possible achievement for all in every aspect of the Trust’s provision.
NEST Chief Finance Officer (CFO), A. Smith, is responsible for the financial health, sustainability and development of Nexus Education Schools Trust, its funding and financial systems and managing the Trust financial relationship with stakeholders and statutory bodies.
NEST Staff have a responsibility to support schools in attaining excellent outcomes, effective implementation of MAT wide policies and procedures, provide support and training to the wider organisation.
|Paula Farrow||Central Team||Chief Executive Officer|
|Annick Smith||Central Team||Chief Financial Officer|
|Lorraine Ashley||Central Team||Teaching and Learning
Staff Training and CPD
|Shirley Pugh||Central Team||Finance Support|
|Sam Dossetter||Company Secretary
Clerk and Governance Support
|Lisa Bromley||Central Team||NEST Administrator & GDPR Lead|
Advisors to the Trust
- Wilkins Kennedy LLP – Accountants
221-227 High St, Orpington BR6 0NZ
- Stone King LLP – Solicitors
Boundary House, 91 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HR
Please choose from the options below: